Pages

Monday, January 08, 2007

First Night

We spent our first night in the new house last night. By that I mean we slept for a few measly hours before that darn alarm clock went off. I'm so exhausted I can't see how I will be able to do anything productive tonight. Like clean out the kitchen cabinets, unpack, move more stuff from the old house, or paint. All I want to do is sleep.

Or to be honest, I want to snuggle with my down comforter on the couch and watch reruns of SVU. No cable though. So much for that idea.

But it was so nice to shower in my brand new shiny white bathtub this morning. And not to have to turn sideways to fit around the bed in the dark. And to be able to walk around in my sock feet.


I can't wait to set up my computer and organize my "office" and put books on the shelves and... and ...

6 comments:

BerryBird said...

It seems like you've earned a night off by now. I know you're anxious to get this whole move done with, but sleep is important, too. And you can't do the computer until Wednesday, right? I vote for sleep.

Nicole said...

Glad to hear you made it. I agree with Sara, take the night off, you deserve it.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I think you should get a little R&R, too, before you dive back into the final moving and unpacking.

Marni said...

YAY! You are finally there! Good for you. Now take a deep breath and realize it will all get done in good time. Congrats!

a/k/a Nadine said...

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone. I didn't end up taking the night off. I worked on the kitchen because that's one room that always makes me feel better once things are put away.

BerryBird said...

I didn't really think you'd be able to just relax. I know you too well!