Pages

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Jackpot!

One of my co-workers brought me four mature hostas this morning. Someone she knows is ripping out their gardens to install more grass, so she was able to dig up a bunch of plants. Knowing my love of hostas in particular (and plants in general), she brought me what she felt she could spare.

The forecasted high today is 95, so the plants are hanging out in my cool office. It's like a mini-jungle in here and every time I turn and see them I am just so thrilled.

I am not looking forwarded to digging into the dry, rock hard earth after work, but it's a small price to pay. Literally, as anyone who's ever bought a mature hosta plant can tell you.

3 comments:

jo(e) said...

I love hostas too. This is horrible weather for transplanting anything, though.

Cup said...

Can they thrive for a while in your office?

(As you can tell, I'm an urbanite without a garden.)

BerryBird said...

Free hostas? You have struck gold.