Pages

Sunday, September 07, 2008

First Week

The first week was boring but educational. Now I know what to expect during the days before school starts- meetings, more meetings, and yet more meetings. After two days of that I was anxious for the students to arrive, but that just meant two more days of filling out index cards and going over the syllabus. So in a way, I still haven't seen a single typical day in this school. Somehow I doubt Monday will qualify either.

I lucked out and got placed with a host teacher that has a window in her classroom, a rarity in this school. She has fish and a tortoise but no plants. I will definitely have plants in my classroom, especially if I have a great big window.

I'm not sure how much blogging I will do about my student teaching. Nor do I know how much time I will have for blogging in general, so bear with me. I will still be reading your blogs when I can.

5 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Sorry it was boring. I'd of course like to hear more details, but of course, there are time issues, privacy issues etc.

Hope it improves.

Coffeypot said...

You will have to make a choice. Your bloggin friends or molding the lives of children. I say blogging. The kids have TV.

BerryBird said...

A tortoise? That's pretty awesome.

Nicole said...

Glad that you will have plants in your classroom. The best thing about plants is that if they get neglected for a weekend, you won't necessarily have to spend Monday wearing black and flushing it down the toilet.

Smellyann said...

I hope you have a fantastic, terrific, wonderful week at school - no, YEAR!!!