Pages

Monday, December 04, 2017

Christmas Tree 2017

Saturday morning I enlisted the help of my father (and his pick-up truck) to get and set up our Christmas tree (a Canaan fir). My son was tickled at the new addition to our living room. After he was in bed I put on the lights and garland, and when we came downstairs Sunday morning he was even more excited. Before we did anything else we decorated the tree. He thought the box of ornaments was full of toys and had a blast. He is especially fond of the ornaments that have pictures of him on or in them and has been taking them off and rehanging them multiple times a day.


I have a second box of ornaments that I may haul out at some point while he's sleeping to hunt down a few more of my favorites. Or I may leave the tree in its current sparsely decorated state.

Three of the items sitting on the tree skirt are from his Playmobil advent calendar, which has also been a huge hit (thanks Mimi!).

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

So much fun!!! YAY! Christmas tree--we haven't done ours yet.

I was going to make an ornament for a certain grandson, but have not done it yet. :(

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

We have Paw Patrol characters under our tree, so I feel you!
Beth
The Beth Next Door