Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Evil Darkness

The painter started spraying the aluminum siding on my house today. I hate picking paint colors with a passion, so I picked the one that seemed to me to be the closest to the current color. (I know, you are wondering why I'm bothering to spend all this money to have it painted. Well, I'm wondering the same damn thing.)

As I was driving home from class, FF called and said "I see you decided to go with a lighter color." Uh oh. I specifically told the painter that I wanted it to be essentially the same color. Perhaps he misunderstood? English is, after all, not his first language and I have difficulties with his heavy accent. Perhaps he doesn't care for mine either.

What's really killing me is that it's dark by the time I get home from class, so I can't see the damn siding. I have to wait until morning!

I'm already so super stressed with school and work that I had the most elaborate and looong chase dream last night. It was scary and awful and kept going and going even when I would wake up and go back to sleep. Now I have the added anxiety of a paint color that I may hate and will have to live with for decades to come.

5 comments:

BerryBird said...

Hopefully it won't be too bad. I hate picking paint colors, too. There is something so incredibly overwhelming about the massive selection.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

If the siding has been there a while, it may not be the same color it originally was, not that that matters.

I hope you like it and are happy with it and do NOT hate it!

I HATE chase dreams. I used to have them a lot, but not so often lately.

I hope you can find some way to alleviate your stress to some degree--T'ai Chi? Yeah, right, as if you could fit that into your busy schedule.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Let us know

Anonymous said...

So what color is it? :)

a/k/a Nadine said...

Good grief. It was so foggy this morning that I couldn't see the house! Now I have to wait until after work. Sigh.