Pages

Friday, October 26, 2007

You must be kidding.

All you homeowners out there, feel free to nod along knowingly.

FF discovered recently that there are water spots on the ceiling in the catroom (obviously a room I attempt to avoid like the plague, therefore not having much opportunity to spy on the ceiling). You may remember that my father had a new roof put on the house before I bought it. That's right, folks, the roof is just over a year old and it's leaking.

I promptly phoned the roofer, who I've never met nor spoken to, only to have him inform me that he's gone "out of business." Curses. If I weren't so dreadfully exhausted I might be freaking out.

Just now while attempting to hunt down a piece of mail I'd thought I'd left on the kitchen table (it turns out it was on the coffee table, which is odd because I never put mail there), I flipped on the dining room light switch. Flash! And dark. I turned off the switch and tried again. Flash! And dark. Because I clearly was at a loss for what else I might do, I tried several more times, with the exact same result. I don't get it.

Seriously though, is this the kind of shit I can expect on a daily basis as a homeowner? Can't I have a day or two in a row without something breaking or going wrong? Whoever put this curse on me, what do I need to do to lift it?

3 comments:

BerryBird said...

Er, um. Did you call your father?

DancingFish said...

Ugh. That sucks.
Maybe it is all just happening at once then there will be nothing wrong for years and years.....

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I hate to break this to you, but it probably will never end. There might be little lulls, but home ownership is a big hassle, especially if fixing things is not something you enjoy.

For your sake, I hope I'm wrong.

On my end, Biker Buddy is pretty good at dealing with stuff like this. Did you call your father? Is FF any help?