Pages

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Highs and Lows

I went to my suburban placement today, which I love. The more time I spend there, the more sure I am of this decision. The teachers and administrators are extremely welcoming and encouraging. The students are, well, teenagers. In my two sessions there I've already had the chance to observe three teachers and three different levels of biology. It's fascinating and a thoroughly inviting atmosphere.

In class tonight we had a guest lecturer in to talk about assessment. He was so condescending and offensive that I wasn't able to get past that to take away anything of value from the two and half hours he lectured at us, yelled at us, and implied we're all a bunch of idiots. I wanted to throw something at him and walk out. He, all by himself, made me not want to be a teacher at all. What a pompous asshole.

I think I'll go drink my Woodchuck, watch some TV, and try hard to not let him sour my great experience this morning.

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

AK!

Aieee!

Glad it went WELL in the morning.

Sorry it went bad last night! WAHN!

Hope it is mostly good from now on.

BerryBird said...

The problem is that there are jerks everywhere. Have another Woodchuck and put the party pooper out of mind. Luckily he was just a guest lecturer--hopefully you will never have to encounter that particular ass pimple again.