Pages

Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday Five

  • My boss has been out of town for almost two weeks, during which time I've been able to close the office to take a lunch break THREE times. Hardly seems fair (or, um, legal). I've also been sick the entire time and my son has been sick as well. But obviously using my sick time is not possible either. So, not feeling the love right now.
  • I've had a gaping hole in the ceiling of my guest bathroom for months. Last night my contractor stopped by to get a spare garage door opener so he could start working on it today. As I was getting ready for bed, I thought to myself I bet his daughter goes into labor tomorrow. I should've bought a lottery ticket. So I could hire a new contractor. Kidding.
  • I signed up for Walktober through my employer, but as with most commitments, it is not having the desired affect on me. I do not feel inspired, I feel obligated and grumpy. Plus, a tiny piece broke off the face of my Fitbit, so it's sharp and I'm afraid it will scratch my son. Frankly, I want to stop wearing it altogether, but part of me feels compelled to finished the challenge.
  • Of course this didn't stop me from signing up for some other challenge next month. Something about mindfulness. Sigh. It's like I don't even know myself at all. 
  • At least I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt because I excel at CASUAL Fridays. (I also think having to dress up for work is the stupidest thing ever. Can we do away with that tradition already?)
Happy Friday!!

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I am sorry you are sick and you son also and I hope you both feel better soon!!!!!!!

bummer about your boss and workplace's illegal activities of confining you against the law!!!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Mindfulness is good, and so is walking, but feeling obligated--not so much.