Pages

Monday, October 16, 2017

Pumpkin Picking

Yesterday I broke my own rule about not doing fall activities when it's hot out. But I wanted to go pumpkin picking and Halloween is two weeks away. Good grief, why is it still 80 degrees out? Anywho, the other complicating factor is the field we like to go to is not open on Saturdays for religious reasons and typically Saturday is our only opportunity for adventure. But because my ex and I flip-flopped days again this past weekend, we met my sister, her son, and our dad in the field moments after they opened.

My son and his grandpa hunting for the perfect pumpkins. Photo taken by my sister.

We gathered many pumpkins from the field before heading to the corn maze. By that time it was hot and sunny and I was fading fast (still sick, whine, whine). After spending several years trying to escape the corn maze Little Man and I headed for home while the others waited for a hay ride. Maybe we can finally do that next year! Although I've seen pictures of other pumpkin patches that offer wheelbarrows, so maybe we need to consider picking elsewhere. It might make it easier for us old folks.

I was so exhausted after the heat and the maze that I slept for an hour and a half while my son was napping! I am really over feeling like crap.

I love how pumpkins look on the front steps. This is probably the last year I can get away with not carving jack o'lanterns.

1 comment:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I wish I could do that with you! Nice pix!

Of course, without kids, we don't do any of that, except when we visit family.