Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bullets of Too Busy For Anthing Else

  • Before I knew I was starting my master's program this semester I agreed to lead a birthday party Saturday. Now I am kicking myself. The small fee I get paid is not worth the added stress and the loss four hours of prime studying time. I have two papers to do over the weekend. I wish there was some way I could get out of doing the party, but there isn't. At least the weather should be pleasant and warm.
  • My new girly doctor seems very nice. English is clearly not her first language, but she is much easier to understand than my last one. I think I talked to her more today than I ever did with my former girly doctor who I saw for years. Now I'm just hoping all goes well and I don't have to go back for 12 months. What a joy that would be. And a novelty.
  • This has been one of those weeks when being management ain't all that much fun. It's a lot like babysitting. How old are these people anyway?!
  • Contractor finally returned this morning after a nearly 3 week hiatus. He's more or less insisting that I go to H0me Dep0t tonight to pick out the vanity top for the new bathroom. I feel like telling him I'll get to it in a week or two.
  • FF had gotten me six tiny pumpkins to line my front steps with. This morning I discovered one had been all but devoured by the rat-bastard squirrels. Two more were no longer pristine. I brought the remaining three inside to protect them. Between neighborhood youth and evil rodents, how can I enjoy my festive pumpkins?
  • I still haven't watched the season premiere of Prison Break, which I love. All of the other shows start next week. Thank goodness I have a DVR. I don't know how I'll keep up with both my homework and my TV!

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Contractor obviously has his head up his @$$! What a @$$! Having you pick that thing up after not being around all that time.

The squirrels always gnaw on our pumpkins, too! They need to eat! I guess I tolerate it because I like squirrels.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I hate to say this, but management is almost always like that, in my experience. Most people seem incapable of simply doing their jobs.