Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mowing vs. Reading

Since I already chose to mow the lawn instead of do my reading after work tonight, I might as well compound the problem with a little blogging. At least my lawn looks better now. I can't even remember when I mowed last. It's been so horrendously dry that the grass hasn't grown at all.

Not mowing has been kind of nice actually. My head is now echoing from the noise and my nose is entirely snuffed up. Joy. But lest you think I am complaining, let me be clear. I would rather mow twice a week than have to shovel snow. Ever.

The panic over my assigned readings is starting to mount though. If possible, I think I have more than last week. I have this idea that I can do all of my school work Thursday and Friday evenings and during the day on Saturday and Sunday. That way I wouldn't have to crack the books on the nights I have class (Monday through Wednesday). If I don't get my act together, that will end up being some sort of pipe dream.

5 comments:

BerryBird said...

Funny, I had forgotten all about mowing. SodaBoy has only mowed once in the last two months.

Electronic Goose said...

We haven't mowed in two months either ... our landlord is supposed to do it but never does so we do. You know, the fantastic landlord. It's so dry, the foliage this year probably won't be as stunning as usual.

Overwhelmed! said...

I'm a bit odd in that respect, I enjoy mowing. :) In fact, growing up I always offered to do the outside yard work to escape doing the inside cleaning. :)

Good luck with the assigned readings. Just go to the library (away from home distractions) and get caught up. That's what I always did when I was in college. :)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Crack the whip! Bite the bullet. get to work. (At least the lawn is mowed!)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

We haven't mowed wither, but we're going to have to rake so many branches have fallen onto the lawn from the wind!