Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007

First Day of School

Thanks for all your kind thoughts and well-wishes for my small dog. The situation has improved, but remains slightly uncertain. He is definitely feeling more like himself, and I feel certain he is on the mend. Substitute Vet said that it normally takes three to four days for the cells of the intestines to turn over, so the timeline fits that he would be feeling better if there had been some sort of "damage" done on Friday afternoon.

As I worried about him, I had to report to my first placement for classroom observation. It was chaotic to say the least. I won't go into details, but I will say that I was not all that impressed with how things were handled. I really hope Wednesday goes more smoothly at the other school.

In two of the three classrooms I was in today the clock was non-functioning, so the first thing I did after I got home tonight was to find my watch and race to the mall to have a new battery installed. Not knowing the current time is practically freak-out status for me. It's like when you're trying to get a tight shirt or sweater off and you get tangled up and can't get free and aahhhh... Or am I the only one that freaks out in that situation?

5 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I am glad that anyway it's over and that it went as well as it did and I am 100 % with you in freaking out about not knowing what time it is or getting caught in clothes! AK!

Biker Buddy is out on strike and I had dental work extensive done and am not feeling well and he stood for 4 hours in the sun and we're going to bed. Gnight.

Coffeypot said...

It shouldn't be that hard to tell time in a classroom. When you get to the point where you are about to slap the shit out of a few of them, it's time for the class to end. No Problem!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

OH--there's your library thing. KL!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

If I used coffeypot's criteria as to when to end class, I'd prolly end it before it started.

Electronic Goose said...

Or when you play with those little finger toys, what were they called? The tighter you pulled trying to get out of it, the tighter it got. Those used to freak me out ... but not knowing the time doesn't, not for me at least. In fact, I usually don't know the time or have a watch.
I hope the next few days go well for you & I'm relieved to hear doggie is on the mend.