Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Alive Again

I felt alive yesterday for the first time in months. I've been feeling much like a zombie, but yesterday was a whole different story. It was sunny and breezy for my walk. There were spring wildflowers in bloom and the trees even had a hint of color to their aura. I walked so long that I tired all three of us out. Clearly we are all out of shape from this long winter. At home I read, as in recreationally! I finally finished the book I started on my flight back from California over spring break. I had somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 pages left! It felt so good to read something of my choosing.

Walking and reading, all in one day. What could be better?

4 comments:

Smellyann said...

It sounds great! I'm so glad you had a refreshing day. I haven't read anything in a long time, save for a magazing article here and there. I really need to take time to do that, too!

Good for you! And the pups. ;)

Momma Val said...

Wow, I can really relate. It was beautiful here too yesterday and we went to the zoo. I felt "alive again." Windows open, fresh air, eating outside, flowers, buds, green. I think that seasons affect many of us more than we realize. Hope you have a nice day today too. We are setting up LB's sandbox, he's in heaven! Ah spring :)

Electronic Goose said...

Sounds glorious! I'm happy for you, and hope more of those days come your way soon.

BerryBird said...

Walking and reading? That's about all one could ask for. So glad you got a day to enjoy -- you've really earned it.