Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Currently...

Obsessed with... the Divergent Series by Veronica Roth. As in, I can't stop thinking about the books all day (and all night). When I'm not actually reading, all I want to do is be reading. At this moment, I'm just over halfway through the second book, Insurgent. I'm struggling with my desire to read the books as quickly as possible (because I love them so much, obviously) while also wanting them to last as long as possible. I'm not really excited about life after Divergent. Fortunately, on a related subject...

Looking forward to... the Divergent movie! Bet you saw that coming a mile away. I saw the movie trailer before I started the books (it was the kick in the pants I needed to start reading the series) and mistakenly thought the actor that plays Eric was playing Four, so I read the whole first book picturing the wrong person in my head. I realized my mistake after I saw the actor who actually plays Four on the Today Show and have been fighting my own stupid brain ever since. It makes me wonder what I would've pictured if I hadn't had any preconceived notions about what he looked like (the actor that plays Eric is the only one that stuck in my mind after I saw the trailer because I'd recently seen him in two other movies). Anyway, I'm not going to do anything crazy like go to a midnight showing or buy advance sale tickets. In fact, I may wait to go see the movie until the crowds die down a little. I am not a fan of packed movie theaters and people invading my personal space. And don't get me started on the food-related sounds.

Trying not to... stress over money. I know, it's hardly an original concern. Who the heck isn't stressed over money? Enough about that.

Feeling thankful that... people share their books with me. My mom recently mailed me two of her books to read and my sister selected a whole bagful of books from her shelves to lend me (including, you guessed it, the Divergent Series).

Loving... the sound of the solar heat running. It instantly makes me feel happy, warm, and content. Almost free heat! Yay! I love being toasty, but I don't like paying any more than is necessary, so I am very rarely as warm as I'd like to be during the winter months. Today the sun was out in full force and the house got up to 72 degrees briefly. Delightful, just delightful.

1 comment:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Hmmm, somehow, I missed this one. I don't think it came into my box?

Never heard of divergent, other brief mentions. I suppose I ought to look into it. (?) I guess I am out of touch.