Pages

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Cute Little Piggies





Welcome to the family, Nutmeg and Cinnamon!

The woman I got these guinea pigs from was having surgery yesterday and needed them gone by Sunday and there's NO WAY I could hide them for two weeks, so Christmas came early. My son was ecstatic when he saw them, so it would've been a wonderful moment if I could've pulled it off to have them under the tree on Christmas morning. But alas.

They are a bonded pair of females, mother and daughter. Nutmeg (top photo) is the mom and is much more brave and out-going. Cinnamon is very timid and skittish.

Little Man loves them. He can't wait to see them, talk to them, and feed them. He calls Cinnamon "The Cinnamon," as in "I should say hi to the Cinnamon." Initially he was calling Nutmeg "Nutcracker," but by this morning it had morphed into "Nutmegger." I renamed them, as their previous names were beyond dull.

So that brings us up to one parakeet and two guinea pigs. And that's where we'll be sticking.

1 comment:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

So totally cute!! I had some similar ones when I was a kid!!! Happy early Christmas. Enjoy!!! :D :D :D XO