Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Saturday With a Friend

Yesterday I drove one major city to the west to visit my friend, Crunchy Forester. We didn't have any big plans for the day, it was just about seeing each other and spending time together. We went out for a delicious lunch at a crepe place, went to the mall (a place we both hate) to return a sweater she'd received and buy a gift for another celebration I'll be attending later in the week. We got coffee and then dinner. Mostly we talked. And talked. And talked. We talked about the old days and what all our college pals are doing now. We talked about the future, as it is even more uncertain than usual. She might be moving to another state, even further away. We talked about boys and relationships.

And when it was past the time I usually nod off on the couch, we hugged goodbye and I drove the hour and a half home. It was a day well spent.

5 comments:

Smellyann said...

Sounds like fun! Those are the best days...

Coffeypot said...

Reminiscing with old friends is food for the soul.

Coffeypot said...

Well, unless they are a former cell mate or from a psych ward.

Stacy said...

One of my husband and I's goals for 2009 is to spend more time like that with friends and family. It is good for the soul!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Wonderful! friendships are so important! :-D