Pages

Saturday, May 09, 2009

The Business of Being Born

If you haven't seen this documentary film, you should.

I am not good at writing reviews. Generally speaking either I like something or I don't. In high school English class I always hated deconstructing stories or poems after we'd read them. For me, it would lose its magic when broken down into a million pieces.

For years I've had an interest in midwifery and a desire for a natural birth should I ever be fortunate enough to find myself pregnant. I think anyone with an interest in learning more about birth practices in America will find this film fascinating.

The Business of Being Born gets 5 out 5 stars from me!

2 comments:

Momma Val said...

Ooh, I have been wanting to see this for awhile now. Where sis you see it? Did you rent or find on the tube? Cable? I have heard great things. I am the same way about reviews. Like I start to dislike something once I dissect it. I feel that way about book reviews and groups too, like let it go already. I liked my interpretation of what I read, then it's wrecked for some reason.

a/k/a Nadine said...

I recently joined Netflix, so I was able to watch it online using that. It was the first time I've watched a movie on my computer, and the picture quality was better than I expected.