Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Whine, Whine, Whine

I know that I should be grateful that I have a job at all given the economic state of affairs. And I am. I really am.

I even have really good benefits and a lot of time off. It's just that my job is really, really boring. And it makes me really, really grumpy. And frustrated. And miserable.

We spend most of our lives working (why is that anyway?), so it seems like we should be doing something we at least kind of enjoy. Why don't you do something about your situation, you ask? I did! I took out ridiculous amounts of student loans and got my master's degree. How could I have known the economy would tank? Now not only are they not hiring teachers, they are laying them off left and right.

Enough of this whine. It is time for some fruity wine instead.

3 comments:

Smellyann said...

:(

I thought you didn't want to teach, though?

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WAHN!! Such a bummer.

You wouldn't be BORED teaching--but you might be frustrated in other ways.

I wish you could find a job you LOVE?

How about writing travel novels? LOL! Then you'd get to travel. (I know, I know, how would you get started!??!)

a/k/a Nadine said...

When I first finished grad school I was so burnt out and disillusioned that I thought I'd never want to teach, however now that a full year has passed and I've regained some peace of mind I have come back to wanting to do it. Alas, it seems unlikely that it will happen anytime in the near future.