Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

A la Carrie from Sex & the City

I hate parsley. It's not just that I find it annoying or mildly unpleasant. I HATE it. I hate that it is the obligatory garnish sprinkled on top of everything I order. Sometimes I try to pick it off if the pieces are big enough. But it can be darn difficult to remove from red sauces or an alfredo. Every time they set my dish in front of me, I curse (mostly to myself). I always remember after the food arrives that I meant to ask them to hold the parsley. Never have I remembered as I am ordering. It always sours the meal for me but never wholly ruins it.

However, last night when the waitress set my fettucini alfredo down on the table, I had a sinking feeling. Not only was it covered in finely minced parsley (making an attempt to remove it absolutely pointless), but there was also giant chunks of freshly ground pepper. Which I hate even more than parsley. When you order a mild dish like alfredo, you'd think it might be implied that things like pepper are not desirable.

Apparently I will need to not just ask for no parsley, I will need to ask for NOTHING placed atop my food for decoration or presentation. Vile. It certainly eliminated any enjoyment I had for my meal last night.

4 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Sorry! :-(

Smellyann said...

I have never in my life heard of someone even having an OPINION about parsley. You're either very weird or really cool. I think cool. ;)

a/k/a Nadine said...

I'll take cool. heehee

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

LOL! I stopped by to see if you;d said anything lately.

I don't mind parley if it's dried and cooked into things, but large pieces of parsley or too much of it seem bitter to me.