Pages

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Currently

Eating: I meal-prepped four lunches for this week: white rice, frozen veggies (two days of broccoli, then two days of brussel sprouts), and two hard boiled eggs for the first three days. Tomorrow I'll eat a frozen pot pie.

Watching: Salvation, a new summer drama on CBS. I was hooked after only a few minutes of the pilot. Hopefully the second episode is equally captivating.

Reading: Nothing! Well, only because I finished the book I was reading (French by Heart by Rebecca Ramsey) on lunch. I will start a new (as yet undetermined) book tomorrow.

Listening: I listened to my first ever podcast, Literaticast. (About: Literary Agent Jennifer Laughran and her friends dish about the world of Children's Publishing.) Podcasts have never appealed to me, but I was sorting through old papers at work, and figured I'd give it a whirl.

Playing: In the pool. And by pool I mean one of the bright blue plastic kiddie pools. Only my son doesn't get in it. He uses it to scoop water out of using vessels of all different sizes and materials.

Saying: "Don't touch. Just look at it." At which point my son waves at whatever item we are referring to and says hi.

Laughing at: My son singing "Slippery Fish" 87 times in a row.

Loving: Spending my lunch hours outside every day. Seeing my son's language skills develop. Eating ice cream.

Looking forward to: October

What are you up to these days?

3 comments:

jo(e) said...

When my kids were little, I always climbed right into the little kiddie pool. Any kind of water on a hot summer day ....

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Sounds good, jo(e)--I did that too--somewhere there are pictures. Most of my pictures have disappeared! ;(

So how was the podcast?

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

eating: Keith's homemade spaghetti sauce served over zucchini. And fresh salad with avocado.

reading: Anna Karenina, Imperfect Birds, The Tempest and a bunch of other stuff.

watching: Ted's World, on the computer, some, when K's not here. (No TV).

Listening: Mozart, Ted's radio hour on forgiveness

Loving: hubby, kids & grand kids (at a distance)