Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Currently

Eating: I went out to lunch today, an extremely rare occurrence. A friend from high school is in town for a few days, so we enjoyed a quick visit over quesadillas (me) and a burrito (him).

Watching: I watched the first episode the The Kettering Incident, a BBC show, without knowing much about it. It takes place in Tasmania (!) and the first episode was interesting and intense, but seems to be headed in a direction I may not want to explore. Not sure how much effort I'll put into continuing this.

Reading: Yesterday I started a new book, The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin. I missed my lunchtime reading today because of my lunch plans, but I look forward to reading more tomorrow.

Playing: Outside, whenever possible. The mosquitos are devouring my son, even with me doing nothing but watching for them. Sneaky little bastards.

Saying: "You are brave. You are kind. You are smart. You are sweet. You are funny. You are silly." One night when I was putting my son to bed I decided I needed to include some affirmations into our goodnight routine. I hadn't thought of them in advance so these are the ones that rolled off my tongue in the moment. They aren't necessarily what I would have decided on with more consideration, but they've stuck.

Feeling: Tired. I feel like I've been in survival mode for three years now. I am always tired.

Looking forward to: Cooler weather, especially cooler nights. Last night it dropped down to 50 and it was delightful.

What are you up to these days?

1 comment:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

hope things calm down (in a good way) and cool off (in a good way!)

We are: frantically trying to get reading for a 17-day road trip.