Pages

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

7 Miles In 7 Days Challenge

Last week I participated in the 7 Miles In 7 Days Challenge hosted by 365 Mile Challenge. The goal of the 7 day challenge is fairly obvious: to get outside 1 mile per day for 7 days. The miles must be self-propelled, so running, hiking, or biking all count.

Here's how my 7 days looked:
Monday: walk, round trip between the shuttle bus and office = 0.6 miles
Tuesday: bike, round trip between parking lot and office = 2.22 miles
Wednesday: walk, round trip between the shuttle bus and office = 0.6 miles and lunchtime walk around campus = 0.9 miles, daily total = 1.5 miles
Thursday: walk, round trip between the shuttle bus and office = 0.6 miles
Friday: walk, round trip between the shuttle bus and office = 0.6 miles
Saturday: none
Sunday: Bog Trail with Little Man = 0.94 miles.

7 day total = 6.46 miles

Notes: I was still suffering from Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease the first two days. On Friday I mowed the lawn, so I while I took A LOT of steps outside I couldn't really track the mileage. On Saturday I took a civil service exam which ate up 3 hours of my life and is not how I normally spend my weekends.

Regardless, I obviously did not reach the goal of 7 miles in 7 days. So I did the most logical thing and signed up for the 2018 365 Mile Challenge. Duh.

(Inspiration: my kickass sister who has already clocked 731.9 miles as of Nov. 11 for the 2017 challenge. She also gifted me the 2018 entry fees. So yeah, she rocks.)

1 comment:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

OMG! that last sentence cracked me up! ;D