Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Bread Baking Continued

I have continued baking bread since I last posted about it. I've tried a couple recipes, but it always boils down to having to touch the dough. I HATE IT. As in, can NOT deal. No, no, no. I found a no knead recipe and gave it whirl Monday night. You mix up the four ingredients with a wooden spoon and let it sit on your counter for 12-18 hours, or in my case, closer to 22 hours (work being so inconvenient and all). Then you're supposed to bake it in a dutch oven, which I don't have, so I just threw it on a cookie sheet like I've been doing with all the loaves. And voila! Bread! And I barely had to touch it at all. Perfect.

After 10.5 hours on the counter.

After 22 hours on the counter.

Yum.

1 comment:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Fantastic! I remember bread baking as being relatively easy, rewarding, and fun--as well as yummy--hope you can find a way to make that happen for you!