Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

I'm having trouble getting back into the swing of class. It's summertime! My brain is putting up a strong resistance to this folly, and who can blame it? Four and half hours of class every day is a lot. And frankly, it's been pretty dull so far. The readings are also less than stimulating. In fact, the best thing so far is seeing my classmates again and the addition of one who hails from my alma mater. We've been reminiscing and bouncing names of old friends around, although we probably never had many (if any) classes together. She focused on the physiological side of things, whereas I prefer all things plant.

I took the campus shuttle yesterday for the first time. The driver was very friendly and answered my "newbie" questions. I forgot to ask the all-important question regarding the pick-up location on main campus, as the normal locale is behind construction cones and barrels. Hopefully, I can figure it out before tomorrow's return trip (due to a work-related scenario I did not ride the bus today). The stupid shuttle only runs every 40 minutes during the summer, so I will be missing more work than I would prefer. The shuttle is a good first step towards taking the bus to work, although I am still having major issues with the additional hour and half to two hours a day that the bus would require. Think of the poor pups!

I've been working on a paper, but I think I shall call it a night.

3 comments:

Smellyann said...

I liked my summer courses, but it always felt like they didn't really count. What are you taking now?

I liked riding our shuttle around the campus, too.... ahhh, you're making me reminiscent of my college days!

BerryBird said...

Four and a half hours of class? The same class? Oy. If it is lecture, there is no way that could not be boring. I hope you have some lab time or something to break it up a bit.

a/k/a Nadine said...

No lab time. Today we did an activity which was almost fun. Does that count?