Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pass the spoon please

I love to see how people react to the first warm days of spring. Today is sunny and in the 60s. People are driving with their windows rolled down. They're riding bikes, and sitting out in lawn chairs or on their decks. Some of them are even wearing shorts.

I'm celebrating the warm temperatures by eating Ben & Jerry's. I haven't eaten ice cream since last summer when I didn't have to be concerned about getting cold. I even turned off my solar heat, although I'll probably turn it back on in a couple hours.

We all know this weather isn't here to stay, which makes it that much more important to relish every second of it. When I'm done gorging on ice cream I'll have to get myself outside.

6 comments:

Smellyann said...

Aw man, I miss ice cream.

What flavor??

Momma Val said...

Yes, it was warm and sunny here this week and now it's cold, windy and rainy. Snow is expected tomorrow. Ice cream is one of life's most simple and best pleasures isn't it? Just last week LB and I shared a Tollhouse Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich. He was in heaven never having had that kind of treat before he just kept saying, "Moe, moe, moe!"

Electronic Goose said...

I too love watching how people (including myself!) react to a sudden bout of good weather. It's so refreshing--I'm glad you enjoyed it!

BerryBird said...

Was it cinnamon buns? Mmm, so good. I think it's funny watching people in the first warm weather, too. I am always amused by those prematurely dressed in summer clothes. We saw some girls sunbathing in bikinis -- it was warm out, sure, but hardly bikini weather.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I miss ice cream too--a while back, when y'all were talking about cinnamon bun, I bought me a half pint (or whatever the standard size is) and gobbled it all down and of course, promptly got sick--but mmmmm was it good.

I saw a lot of that same behavior here.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

you could probably post some of the bad things going on with care--people do understand, because we all have darknesses@!

The care of course is that the wrong people don't read it.