1. Complete the 30 Days of Lists project. Success! I wrote each & every one of the 30 lists. Not only that, I wrote all but maybe two of the lists on the day the prompts came out. The one(s) that had to wait a day were because we were campering and had no internet access.
2. Continue to meet &/or surpass 10,000 steps a day. Success! I thought this goal might be in jeopardy because of my tailbone injury, followed by a nasty cold. But, according to Fitbit, my daily average for September was 11,019. It certainly helped that I hiked three High Peaks on September 1st, which was over 40,000 steps in a single day.
3. Finish 5 books. Success! I read these 5 books:
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Finding Griffin by Barbara Delaney
- The Midwife's Here! by Linda Fairley
- Midnight in Death by J.D. Robb (Full disclosure: This is a novella. But still, a book!)
4. Continue to post to this blog 2-3 times a week. Success! My September total for blog posts was 13, so I clearly met this goal. It was a great help that I posted each week about the 30 Lists project.
Now onto October...
1. Continue to meet &/or surpass 10,000 steps a day. Again. And always.
2. Finish 5 books. This was quite a challenge for me in September. I finished the 5th book on September 30th, so I know there's a good chance I might not make this goal for October, but hey, gotta aim high, right?
3. Continue to post to this blog 2-3 times a week. This may be closer to 2 times a week without the extra posts for 30 Lists.
4. Use arm weights 4 or more times a week. I have small (maybe 2 lb) dumbbells which I would like to try to use more frequently than I do now. Which is, um, never.
5. Hike at least once at Great Bear Farms and walk at least once at Beaver Lake Nature Center. It's super important to me to spend time in the woods.
6. Take one load of clothes to the Salvation Army. And shoes and whatever else I can find that we don't need/want anymore.
So that's my plan. Do you have any goals for the month ahead?
*Edited on 10/4/13 to add #6 to the list of goals.*