Pages

Saturday, October 05, 2013

Saturday Afternoon Walk

I was hoping for a lovely, crisp, fall-like afternoon for my walk today at Second Home Nature Center, but that was not to be. It was muggy and grey with occasional sprinkles, but it was still well-worth being outside. The lighting was not ideal for photography, but I still managed to snap a few interesting shots with my phone.

The dead crow was startling, not something you see on a regular basis. (This is not staged at all. The sugar maple leaf was there when I arrived on the scene.)


The boardwalk was SLICK. I must admit I walked more gingerly than normal after the last time I slipped on wet wood.


I just love the redness of the red maples.


This giant beetle kept trying to scurry away from me as I was trying to take its picture. Must be shy. (Finger for size reference only. I was not molesting it in any way.)


You can read about my last walk at Second Home Nature Center here.
Or compare today's photos with ones taken in July in similar spots along the trail here.

No comments: