1. I do not like ice in my beverages. I prefer most at room temperature or just slightly cool. (I think I should've been born in Europe because I also don't like air conditioning. Or foods served at extreme temperatures.)
2. I do not like lemon in my water. Gak. And no, I can't just pick it out.
3. I have lived in 3 states: NY, MA, & FL.
4. I always wanted freckles. I threaten to steal my little step-brother's all the time.
5. I love Anne of Green Gables (freckles!) and believe in kindred spirits and the depths of despair.
6. I've been inside my "house of dreams" but couldn't afford it at the time.
7. I think everyone should drive Smart Cars. The world would be safer and happier. And cuter.
8. I've only climbed 3 of the 46 High Peaks in the Adirondacks. I dream of one day being a 46er, but every summer passes without me doing anything about it.
9. I love good sushi, especially the Dynamite roll I used to get at the Beach in FL.
10. I never had a curfew growing up.
11. I never got grounded either.
12. My first car was a Renault. The heat was broken on, the window cranks had no knobs, the speedometer was broken, and the doors didn't lock, but I loved it.
13. I crochet scarves and blankets.
14. I want to be a mom.
15. In fact, I actually look forward to pregnancy itself.
16. I am not career driven. Ideally, I would like to be a stay-at-home-mom. But since we are not independently wealthy, that will never happen.
17. My hair is beyond straight and baby fine. I am constantly considering getting a body wave like I had in middle school, but people are always talking me out of it.
18. I love soynut butter.
19. If given a choice, I would almost always chose to have tofu in a dish rather than meat (i.e. in Thai or Chinese).
20. I had my first paid job as a camp naturalist (counselor) at the age of 17. I'd volunteered for 40 hours a week for at least the two summers prior to that at the same educational day camp.
21. I worked as an IMAX projectionist, retail assistant manager, and naturalist before getting into my current career as an office lady.
22. The thumb on my left hand is double-jointed. So are my hips.
23. I can still put my feet behind my head if I try.
24. I have 4 piercings: both ear lobes, belly button, and tragus.
25. I have one tattoo: a star on the top of my right foot.
26. I have a Darwin's Tubercle on my left ear.
27. I am a very light sleeper.
28. I took 5 1/2 years of French in high school and regret having not kept up with it since then.
28. I am extremely sensitive to caffeine and try never to drink any after noon. Thanks, Dad, for passing that trait on.
29. The fact that I don't have clear skin has been a huge issue for me and my self-esteem. I wish I had not been told that I would outgrow my pimples after I left my teen years behind. What a lie and a let down.
30. I am a jeans and sweatshirt kinda gal.
31. I collect postcards.
32. My best first kiss story was the time Christian and I went to the dump in Long Lake to look for bears.
33. I have been donating blood since high school. I've recently been turned off by the American Red Cross because they call me at all hours. Sunday, 9pm. That does not put me in a giving mood.
34. I am a bit of a control freak and tend towards the obsessive.
35. I am, however, not neat and clean when it comes to keeping house.
36. I do not like beer. Or most liquor.
37. I enjoy classical music and opera.
38. I was sweet sixteen and never been kissed. (I do not count the kindergarten boyfriend's kisses, you see.)
39. I have a wicked sweet tooth.
40. Bungalows are my favorite style of houses.
41. I like simple, clutter-free decor. Preferably country or farm-style.
42. I am allergic to dust, mold, and some pollen.
43. Both of my eyes are -4.25. I wear contacts whenever possible.
44. The first concert I went to was PHISH, New Year's Eve '93 in Worcester MA. What an experience.
45. I am a dog person. I do not believe that cats are designed for indoor use.
46. I like taking snapshots of people I know.
47. I have excellent short-term memory and awful long-term memory. I excelled at classes that involved memorization, like French and dendrology.
48. I started watching Star Trek: TNG because I thought Ensign Wesley Crusher (Wil Wheaton) was cute. I liked Voyager quite a bit, but never got into DS9 because of the Ferengi. Yuck.
49. I have a weakness for shoes and purses.
50. I love pasta and bread and all things starch.
Wow. That was harder than you might imagine.
I hope you still like me after reading all that.