Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sense of Humor

I thought it was funny, but when I told my fiance the story he wasn't amused at all. So we'll see how you all feel about it.

My cell phone rang in the mid-afternoon at work yesterday. Remember how I have no reception whatsoever in my office building? Well, I saw it was my doctor's office so I answered and ran for the lobby. The call didn't drop! Amazing.

"Hi, this is B, calling from Dr S' office. I'm calling to schedule your surgery."

Pause. Nervous laughter. "No, I don't think so."

We went through the whole name, birth date, address, and she did indeed have my file in front of her to schedule a surgery.

Uh? WTF?

She was highly uncomfortable and embarrassed. Poor dear. Not her fault. So hopefully, someone will call me back today and tell me it was all a big mistake.

Hmn, still seems funny to me. What, not to you? Well, lighten up.

5 comments:

BerryBird said...

Hmmm. I think I will withhold judgement on the funny factor until you hear back from them. She did say someone would call you back, right?

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

What surgery?

I'm with Sara here, I'm withholding judgement until I hear more about it. It is sort of funny but also a little scary. It's definitely ODD!

Tell us more!

a/k/a Nadine said...

After sitting on hold for 15 minutes, I did get confirmation from the nurse that it must have been a mistake by the doctor. She was very la-dee-da about the whole thing.

I was less amused after not receiving a follow-up call and then having to sit on hold for so long. Grr.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

So no surgery, then? Hopefully.

Aiee, what a pain. I hope it all blows over. Aiee.

Anonymous said...

I also agree that it's only funny now that you know it's not surgery for you. The good thing is that she didn't try to argue with you and tell you that you were definitely supposed to have surgery.