Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Because apparently other people's stupidity is amusing

I bought a pair of shoes at a discount store on Saturday that were marked down to $7 (the main reason I bought them). This morning I threw them on and rushed out the door. As I was dashing to the car I vaguely considered the fact that the left one felt a bit loose, so when I got to work I checked the inside of both of them. And lo and behold, the left one is a half size larger than the right. Now I have to wear them all day and all night because I have class after work. Then I have to convince the store they should give me my $7 back because this pair was the only one they had. Oh, why didn't I check?! I hope I can find my receipt...

6 comments:

Coffeypot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coffeypot said...

Find the person who bought the other mis-matched pair and swap. Do you think they brought their shoes back? Or just stuffed the larger shoe with cloth or paper and went on about their business? Good luck!

Smellyann said...

Annoying! That has happened to me too - although I still think I have and wear that pair!

swissmiss said...

I did that on purpose once. A store was going out of business and there was a mismatched pair of $300 boots for five bucks. In my case one fit right and one was a bit too small. I just endured the pain for style. Back in the day, I was a fool!

Momma Val said...

Oooh, I think it is actually their fault. Most stores I've been to to buy shoes always check that the sizes match. Hope they don't give you a hassle. If they do tell them that other stores always check so you didn't think much of it. They'll probably ask you if they felt OK when you tried them on. Oh boy, there's my old customer service experience showing . . . . ICK!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

LOL!

It would be very amusing if it weren't so upsetting!

HA HA!

WAHN!

I just discovered a mismatched pair of shoes in Piano Boy's closet. Did he wear them without ever noticing or commenting? One is a full size larger than the other.

So how DID it turn out? Were you able to exchange them?