Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008

First Robin

After I watched a couple hours of TV this morning, I got cracking. I wrote six pages (double-spaced) of the paper I have due on Tuesday. I haven't done all of what I was supposed to do for the research, but I find the class and the professor to be a complete waste of my time. It should be a good class but due to professorial incompetence I am getting nothing out of it besides a weekly headache and extreme rage.

In the early afternoon Dog and I drove to a nearby neighborhood that has paved walking trails that are kept plowed. Although much of the snow in my own sunny, hill-top yard had melted over the past few days, the snow was still six inches deep in Nearby Neighborhood presumably because of the plethora of trees. As we neared the end of our 45 minute walk I spied my first robin of the season!

I then headed to the evil mall to go to a single store where I had cashback from my credit card to spend. I found the elusive black cardigan I've been hunting for for years. I really hope it works out because I really, really want to get rid of the short, stretched-out, full of pulls, old, faded excuse of a black cardigan I have now.

More schoolwork tomorrow. Probably more TV, but definitely not more mall.

5 comments:

Smellyann said...

Yay, you found the black cardi!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

YAY! First robin! YAY, spring is coming.

YAY, black card, hope it works out!

YAY! A good start on the homeowrk, YAY!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I tagged you for a meme, but it is one that's been going around and around, so if you've already done it and don't want to do it again, that's fine. :-D Here's my meme.

Momma Val said...

Paved AND plowed walking trails. Where do they do that? Congrats on the sweater. Where did you end up finding it? Sometimes I actually have more luck finding certain wardrobe pieces at thrift store because the selection is so much greater. I've seen 3 robins over here in Chicago so far (they were all wearing parkas though), so it will come soon . . . . . but when?

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Want a robin picture for this post--I have LOTS!