Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

What a week!

I taught the last three days and videotaped myself teaching the last class each day. It's a requirement for my program, but I don't think I'll be watching the tape before I hand it in. I can't even stand to hear a recording of my voice, to say nothing of seeing myself in action.

On Tuesday evening I skipped class and attended a symposium where I went to two workshops and enjoyed a lecture by Moss Woman (one of my undergraduate professors). She is a wonderful public speaker and continues to inspire respect and admiration from me. The vegetable lasagna was pretty good too.

I'm relieved that the kids have a four day weekend, so I can take a mini break from teaching. I still have plenty of work to do this weekend, including a paper (I really ought to check the syllabus to see what the details of that are) and prep work for next week. But I think I may take the night off tonight and catch up on some Law & Order.

(Aside to Momma Val, I found a link for acronyms which you can find in the comments on the last post. Hope that helps!)

2 comments:

Smellyann said...

Do you have L&O on Tivo? I forgot to DVR it - or anything else - last night. Oh well. The Apprentice is on tonight, do you watch? Love it.

Yay for school breaks!

BerryBird said...

You should definitely take the night off--you deserve it.