Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Night Whine

I spent all of this lovely day inside, working on my laptop. My back hurts from hunching over it, and I didn't even get anything completely done. I worked on this, and I worked on that. I didn't work on that other thing though.

Tomorrow morning in class I am supposed to share 12-15 minutes of video of me teaching. Unfortunately when I tried the VCR, it was dead. So I haven't even watched my video. I know, I shouldn't have waited until the last minute, but I really don't like the idea of just putting the thing in and pressing play tomorrow. Crap. I'm not sure I can get out of it though, considering class only meets two more times after tomorrow and my professor is gone for one of them.

I am so ready for this semester to be over. I can't believe it's almost May. This weather is adding to my overall confusion and not helping me stay on task. Is it bad that I am just aiming to achieve the minimum grade-wise? I'm not sure I've ever been what you'd call a high-achiever. Well, except maybe in French. I always wanted to kick ass in French...

5 comments:

Smellyann said...

Girl, you can do it! Just stick it out a little longer, you're almost done. Any chance you know anyone nearby with a VCR? Well, it is getting kind of late for that. Is there one at work, or no time for that tomorrow? Sorry, I'm no help!

Incidentally, when my sister comes out your way, I think next month, do you want her to cut your hair?

Electronic Goose said...

On va a la plage! :)

jo(e) said...

I hate to complain about such beautiful weather, but we really need some cold rainy days this week if I am going to get everything done that I need to do before the end of the semester.

Stacy said...

Ew, I couldn't imagine doing classwork this time of year. I was thinking about getting my Masters in Marketing a year or two ago and even started taking some preliminary classes that I need first - those two classes were enough to change my mind. I tried taking them in the evenings after work and in the mornings on Saturday...ugh! I think I could do it if it was in a program I was sure about and classes I enjoyed. But at the moment I am not convinced that a masters degree would get me where I want to go necessarily - not the one I was looking at anyways. Plus it was right around the time we were looking for and buying a home so it was uber stressful and distracting anyways.

I may revisit the idea sometime though.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

It is nice to have a balance of cold rainy days to get motivated to do stuff and nice days to cheer up and celebrate spring. Good luck with all that, I guess it's over anyway?