Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

Tell me again why I want another dog?

Today was even warmer than Wednesday, and so after work Mr. Dog and I again went-a-walking. After a quick change of clothes and eating a bit of frosting from a spoon, that is. Mr. Dog was a little jealous since he had to wait until we got home to eat his dinner.

I'm still vacillating on the house numbers. I don't think the brass will show up against the siding, and black seems odd when there isn't a speck of black anywhere on the house (OK, I'm exaggerating, there simply must be black somewhere). I guess I need to start by deciding if I'll put them on the siding or on the trim. BerryBird has got me all paranoid that I may be breaking some town ordinance.

After discovering that FF's little dust mop of a dog had peed all over Mr. Dog's dog bed, I rushed out to pick up a new one. I've lost count of how many we've gone through. The first several Mr. Dog ripped open and ate the fluff, but I can't recall the specific demise of the rest. The one that got peed on today was filled with cedar chips, which I imagine don't go through the washing machine very well. I'm not sure that this new one was the best choice, as Mr. Dog keeps trying to flip it over. Why won't he just curl up inside its nice chenille softness?

2 comments:

BerryBird said...

Um, maybe you don't really want another dog?

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

You want another dog? Ummm m m m

Are you SURE?

I'm kind of a sucker for animals myself, having probably had more than 50 dogs (we raised them for a while) and countless cats, monkey etc, birds, fish, hamsters, gerbils, mice, etc AK--hissing cockroaches (yes I had my OWN), but all I have left is a bird and I keep resisting offers mostly for cats and occasional dogs.

MAYBE I finally learned my lesson!