Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

A little bit about books

I've been desperately trying to read my Bookworm Challenge book during lunch at work. Unfortunately, I am constantly getting interrupted and have made little progress. I could close my office door, but I don't feel right about that since I am the go-to person for staff. I have other books I'd like to read before my next class, but at this rate I may not have a chance.

In other book news, I still need to say a few words about Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs. Although an easy and enjoyable read, I did not like it as much as her first novel, The Friday Night Knitting Club. This one is too light and fairy tale-esque. I like happy endings and all, but there needs to be a little sour to balance out the sweet. In this case, it just all worked out a little too unrealistically well. But if you are looking for a nice, light, summer read, Comfort Food might satisfy your chick lit cravings.

5 comments:

Momma Val said...

I am not much of a fiction fan but I just found out that a prequel has been written about Anne of Green Gables called, "Before Green Gables." I mentioned it to the librarian and suddenly several excited Anne fans were gathered around listening to the good news. Just thought I'd let you know because you like to read a lot.

a/k/a Nadine said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Anne books. Off to Amazon to explore...

BerryBird said...

Is there somewhere outside your office you can sneak away to? Outside if it is nice, a conference room or such if it is rainy? Lunch time interruptions suck.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I used to go sit outside. What about you car? Are you obligated to stay in during lunch?

Unknown said...

no need or no words i get to write after i saw your blog , nice blog , i suppose are you very busy with your work ,these lines is saying by your work , nice work you have done.

keep it up in forward direction

god bless you