Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Second Home Nature Center

After reading chapter 8 and taking the on-line quiz, I decided I had better get outside to take advantage of the perfect weather. My fiance did not share those same concerns, so I went solo to Second Home Nature Center.

I walked around the lake, encountering many people who were anxious to soak up every bit of the warmth before the seasons officially change. In the bog and along the shoreline, you could see evidence of things to come.




Each and everytime I make my way to the nature center for a solo walk, I am again reminded of what it seems that I've forgotten. That my body and soul crave to be there. The sights, the sounds, the smells. They all leave me feeling replenished and washed clean.

How can I let so much time pass between visits? I used to go there daily, but now I'm lucky if I manage to get out there once every couple months. I need to try harder. Bottom line.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I definitely agree that second home has a healing effect. I took a long walk there last week and it was utterly rrefreshing and healing and I had the identical thoughts! (At least hose about how I should be going more often!)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! 60 visitors!

BerryBird said...

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Me, too.