I haven't done a meme in a while, so this one was inspired by Vivi, over at Dispatches From France. I've made some slight alterations to it; think of it like the game of telephone...
1) Where were you when the Challenger exploded? (The original question had been "Where were you when Armstrong first walked on the Moon?" Obviously, I was nowhere.) I was in 4th grade, watching the launch on TV.
2) Where were you when you heard Princess Di had died? My senior year of college had just gotten underway. After returning home from a night out at a downtown bar, I turned on Headline News to unwind.
3) Where were you on New Year’s Eve of 1999/2000? Alone in bed, listening to the partying going on around me throughout my apartment complex, and feeling very sorry for myself. Have I mentioned how much I hate New Year's Eve? That year certainly did nothing to change my opinion.
4) Where were you on Sept.11, 2001? I first heard when I got in the car to drive to work. My first thought at hearing the atypical news coverage had been that the president had been killed. I worked all day, even though I thought that they ought to have closed and sent the staff home.
5) Where were you when you first heard about the big 2004 Tsunami? I have absolutely no idea.
6) Where were you when you first heard John Denver had died? (The original question was "Where were you when you first heard that Madonna would go on tour last year?" Um, am I actually supposed to care about this? Not bloody likely.) I was in organic chem my senior year of college. My friend, Forrest, delivered the news of the plane crash.