- My husband has been sick all week, and I started feeling poorly Thursday night. Now I am in full-blown misery. Every inch of my body hurts. Fever, chills. An elephant sitting on my chest. So excuse me while I go the route of bullets.
- My step-mom got bad news about her health and I can't even go see her because I can't expose her to the germs responsible for the misery described above. I am just so happy that she got a six month break and that she and my father were able to take a vacation in September.
- I ordered my first Christmas gift from the internet on Friday. Such early shopping is quite uncharacteristic, so I'm feeling rather pleased with myself.
- I've been eating overnight oats every day for breakfast. After the early failed attempts I determined that, for me, simple is best: oats, chia seeds, maple syrup (or honey), and milk. My sick-brain forgot to mix up a batch before bed last night, which made me sad this morning. I had to eat a packet of microwavable instant oats instead, and man, it was like eating glue.
- I had a fangirl moment recently when I tweeted about reading a book (Catalyst) and the author (Laurie Halse Anderson) replied. O. M. G. I love twitter for all the book related wonderfulness.
- For some completely bizarre reason I keep thinking about trying to start RUNNING. I have always been a walker. Runners seem, well, a bit crazy. So either I will eventually lose interest in this idea or I will give it a whirl and after about 30 seconds I will recollect why I don't run. Either way I doubt anything will come of it, so you needn't worry about having to read race recaps or anything like that (ha!).
- I will now retreat to the couch with my blanket and mug of tea. There is a Law & Order marathon on that clearly needs my attention.
I started this post yesterday, but the overwhelming need to NAP won out. I do feel slightly better today, after actually having slept last night. Sleeping is hugely important.