Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Around the house

When my sister acquired a new DSLR she generously gifted me with her old one. I've been itching to play with it, but I am not so inspired as to want to brave the negative wind chills. Not even with blue skies and sunshine, a rarity in this area during the winter. Instead I decided to try to find things INSIDE the house worth photographing.

It turns out that this is harder than you might think, especially when attempting to avoid the dust and cobwebs, without, you know, cleaning. My laziness knows no bounds.





These photos show glimpses into our dining room, family room, kitchen, and master bedroom. I know these are no photographic masterpieces, but I also know that the only way to get better is to take lots of pictures and just keep experimenting and playing.

But first... I better go do some dusting.

1 comment:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Fun pix! :-D I hope you LOVE your new (to-you) camera! I got a big chuckle out of your comments about the dust. I got a new camera for Christmas and wanted to try some pix, but most of them are unpostable because of dust. it's quite horrifying. What is it that I only SEE it when I photograph something and want to share and then, woe is me, what is that coat of fuzzy grey?