Pages

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Goals: December & January & 2014

First, let's see how I did with my goals for December...

1. Continue to meet &/or surpass 10,000 steps a day. Nope. I lost another week of exercise due to sickness. Again. This is getting tiresome. According to Fitbit, my average steps per day for December was 7,248. This is the lowest monthly average since I started wearing my Fitbit in April. Boo.

2. Finish 4 books. Check! The last four books on my Year in Books list were finished in December.

3. Post 2 times per week on this blog. Check! I posted 12 times in December.

4. Walk/hike somewhere in nature twice. Check! I went for a slushy hike at Great Bear and climbed Rocky Mountain.

5. Use arm weights 10 times during December. Nope. I only used the arm weights seven times. But that's still a big improvement over the last attempt in October.

My goals for January are going to be a repeat of December:

1. Continue to meet &/or surpass 10,000 steps a day.

2. Finish 4 books.

3. Post 2 times per week on this blog.

4. Walk/hike somewhere in nature twice.

5. Use arm weights 10 times (days).


In addition, I would like to focus on a few things for 2014:

1. Pay bills sooner (don't wait until the last minute!)

2. Eat more veggies.

3. Eat more fruits.

4. Reduce clutter. Donate or throw out possessions that aren't being used. (Specific areas to focus attention on: small bedroom, family room, and basement.)

5. Read three classic novels.

I know that the first four items will be hard to assess, but I am intentionally refraining from posting more specific goals for 2014. I intend to continue with my monthly goals, but there are just too many unknowns in the coming year to try to say what I will want to focus on three or six or nine months from now. So we'll just have to play it by ear.

Do you set both monthly and yearly goals? Do you have any you want to share?

1 comment:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I need to do this, but I've been too busy traveling and squeezing my grandson and hugging my daughters and exchanging gifts and driving through snow.

Looks like you did pretty well to me!!!