Pages

Friday, April 20, 2007

Heels and all

I have an interview this afternoon. The job is a higher pay grade and has more vacation hours. It also has an office with a window!

So here I am on a casual Friday wearing a long skirt and high heels.

I really want this job. And I really need the extra money.

Which means that I am a bundle of nerves. I slept horribly last night, tossing and turning and waking every hour or so.

The good part is that they expect to make a decision soon. I could hear as early as tomorrow. Although that seems unlikely, considering it's a Saturday and all.

I know I can do the job. And do it well. It's the tricky interview questions that are stressing me out. I am afraid of um-ing and stuttering and being reduced to monosyllabic words. Analytical! Leadership! Vision!

Analytical! Leadership! Vision! (Some key words I'm trying to imprint on my pea brain.) Analytical! Leadership! Vision! (OK, everyone chant along with me.)

Analytical! Leadership! Vision!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Analytical! Leadership! Vision!

You can do it!!

Marni said...

Analytical! Leadership! Vision!

Got my fingers and toes crossed for ya!

a/k/a Nadine said...

Thanks guys! I survived the interview. Now it's just wait and see...

Nicole said...

Pretty funny chant! Good times. I am pulling for ya on the job with an office and a window. Whoohoo.

jo(e) said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Cup said...

I'm chanting! And keeping my fingers crossed.

BerryBird said...

That is a funny chant. Kind of scary, actually. The window would rock though. I like that they plan on deciding soon, because the waiting is the hardest part. Just ask Tom Petty.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I hope it went well and that you get it--and after getting it, that you like it. Chant chant