Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A Little Thing

And yet, it has made me happy. A good way to start the day, in fact.

The town picks up yard waste every other Wednesday in the non-winter months. They have very strict guidelines for weight and length of bundles, allowable containers, and what will and will not be picked up.

I consulted my schedule last night when I got home from work and discovered there was a pick-up today. I zipped up the road to one of those Marts and bought a small plastic tub to jam my sticks into. In a matter of minutes it was filled to capacity. At this rate, I will be able to clean one corner of my yard this summer. But I have hopes of acquiring another full-sized garbage can for yard waste usage from my grandmother's house. If not, back to the store I'll go.

At any rate, they came and picked it up this morning before I left for work. I'm sure the joy from such a small transaction will wear off soon enough, but for now it makes me feel like an (almost) home owner.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I get really excited when it's recycling day and I remember to put out the recycling. It's the little things in life that sustain us.

swissmiss said...

A schedule? Strict guideliees for weight and allowable containers?? Why, it sounds positively Swiss!

Cup said...

Grab the joy wherever you can ...

BerryBird said...

Every other week... no fair! We only get once a month, and I just missed it. Of course, I already took a couple wheelbarrels full up behind the treeline, but I never feel quite right about that.

Casey said...

Oh! Me, too! Me, too!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

It is a nice schedule, and they will also pick up one bundle, I believe, of sticks every week with the regular trash, see if that isn't so. (Maybe it has changed?)

Where I live, they pick up all the sticks you put out every week.