Pages

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Never a good sign

When the alarm clock goes off at 5:20 am and you can hear not one, not two, but three snowblowers running, it's never a good sign. When I got bundled up to take the dog out, I saw the other three nearest driveways had already been cleared. What time do these people get up?

I was able to get out of the driveway without shoveling because the plow driver must have taken pity on me. My neighbors were not so lucky. The drive in to work took almost an hour. It was also a bad sign when I saw all the school cancellations scrolling along the bottom of the TV. The city schools in particular concern me because when they close the notorious hill I had major problems with last year gets worse as the plows don't even seem to bother with it. I was able to get up the hill this morning because no one stopped mid-way.

I would, at this time, like to remind people that when driving on slippery, snow-covered roads, DO NOT STOP unless you absolutely have to. It's the worse thing you can do, especially if I am behind you. I may not be able to get moving again.

I'm already sick of winter.

2 comments:

Electronic Goose said...

Wow. And I thought 5:20 was early.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Aiee! AK! Horrors. Bleah!