Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Kid Again!

I ran behind the lawnmower, pushing it as fast as we both could go. Showers were on the horizon and weekend plans will prevent lawn mowing from occurring. I strategically mowed the front parts easily viewable from the road and then zipped into the shady corner where things always grow lush and quick. The sprinkles started to come a bit more frequently as I pushed the mower back into the garage. I was about to kick off my grass stained sneakers when my eye caught the dust-covered bike I had recently unburied and had borrowed my dad's bike pump to fill the old tires. Hastily, before I talked myself out of it, I grabbed a nearby pair of work pants to wipe the grunge from the big, wide seat. I pushed it down through the stones and swung my leg over. Then I was pumping madly up the hill, speeding through the cool raindrops, my hair streaming out behind me. Once around the double block I went and never stopped smiling. I picked up speed down the slight hill and, just like I used to in the old days, came bouncing up through the side yard towards the garage. I must do that again soon!

4 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

YAY! How fun! Woohoo! do 'gain!

Smellyann said...

Well, now, that must have been a sight! Sounds like fun!!

Momma Val said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! That sounds so fun :)

jo(e) said...

That sounds just wonderful!