Pages

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Le Tour

I think I've mentioned my love of Le Tour de France at some point in the past. I love the drama and dynamics of the peloton. I love seeing the countryside and villages that they race through. I love the bunch sprints at the finish line. The mountain climbing amazes me. I have so much respect for the riders. I watch each and every stage year in and year out. It's one of my favorite things about July.

I'm not a bike rider myself, but watching the race still inspires me to get up and outside. To get active and aim for a higher level of fitness. So far I've been doing a good job of meeting my 4 walk minimum per week goal. Next up, I'm going to try adding some free weights. I will aim to incorporate those a minimum of 3 days a week. Hopefully, that will help speed up my metabolism, which I fear may be slowing as I near my mid-30s.

4 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I watched a bike race on TV on day and it wore me out. I had to rest on the couch for a couple of hours...and drink a beer to the winner.

Jennifer said...

I love the Tour. With the kids I'm hardly getting to watch any this year - good grief, the kids want to play outside of all the nerve. We're loving Fabian Cancellara in yellow - he'll lose it today but it's been a good run.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I used to enjoy watching it but we don't have a TV now. But I remember how exciting it was.

I'm trying to walk a little extra every day--I've been reading that Blue Zone book I got for my birthday and they recommend even more than what I'm already doing.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to get moving, too. Good luck!
(e-goose)