Here's what I got done last night:
- two shelves of books (not organized but out of the box at least)
- which emptied one box completely and part of a second
- put clothes in 5 drawers in the dresser
- which had previously been stacked on the bookshelf
- FF gave the cat room a thorough vacuuming
- and I brought one unopened, brand-new tooth brush to work with me to leave as a grab item in our break room (it is not a style I would ever use and was a freebie from the dentist- must learn to say "no, thank you")
My parents did not end up bringing my stuff last night, but they warned me that there is a lot of it. Fabulous.
No construction work was done yesterday except for the delivery of sheetrock, which was conveniently stacked blocking the stairs to my basement. Uh, thanks guys. I really hope they come back today to hang it.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent the cats from scratching the tops of all my furniture (i.e. buffet, old sewing machine table, new handmade table from the farmer's market)? I usually keep everything piled with items to prevent them from jumping up on them in the first place, but I hate the cluttered look and feel of that method. All you cat people out there, do you just sacrifice your furniture for the love of the feline?