Pages

Friday, August 31, 2007

The Score So Far

The inconsiderate contractors have destroyed:
  1. two ferns transplanted from my grandmother's house
  2. one clump of variegated gout weed transplanted from my grandmother's house
  3. one lily I bought at the farmer's market (maybe the bulb will survive?)

The inconsiderate contractors have trampled:

  1. the coral bells transplanted from my grandmother's house
  2. two small hostas
  3. the foxglove from the farmer's market
  4. the Solomon seal's

And they aren't done yet.

There also seems to be fewer of the prescription Ibuprofen 800s that I left on the counter (not knowing my home was to be invaded). Perhaps I'm just paranoid. Or perhaps not.

2 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I suspect you confused your Ibuprofen 800s with your birth control pills. Sometime around nine months from now you will experience a painless birth.

BerryBird said...

That is horrible! You should definitely speak to the head contractor about this. Tell him if the wanton destruction continues you will be keeping a tally and deducting it from their final payment. Nicely, if possible, since they are still there and all. But that is just unacceptable.