I did, however, send them home with two of my dad's staple guns, their wet vac, and their air purifier. All of which were still left from the initial cleaning phase last fall. After they left I found several other items that I will attempt to pawn off on them soon.
Then I ran a small load of stuff to the donation center. There will certainly be more, but this way I was able to avoid even bringing several items into the house. I took:
- one bag of clothes that had been previously prepared and has been shuffled around room to room as it got in the way of various projects
- plus four clothes items from my own closet
- five pairs of shoes (including two pairs of Steve Madden mules/clogs)
- one pair of boots
- one stack of dishes from my college/Florida years
- one candle holder with the tag still on
I also informed my parents of the new gifting policy. No knicknacks unless I've specifically requested them. They seemed to understand after having packed all of those boxes and then seeing my basement.