I was tagged awhile ago by Mary to name 6 weird things about myself. I've now jotted down two such (different) lists, but the pieces of scrap paper are nowhere to be found. So we shall have to see what I can come up with for a third try:
1. I have particular silverware preferences. I can't stand the big, heavy silverware that looks like it's designed for giants. I almost always eat with the dessert or salad fork (short tines!). I also abhor soup spoons. Please give me a regular teaspoon every time.
2. As I've mentioned before, I can't stand ice in my beverages. I prefer my water at room temperature and my soda just chilled. I have a cranberry drink that I drink nightly with dinner that I keep on the counter. No fridge for me! Except maybe in the summer...? But still no ice!
3. I can only blow my nose with my left hand. Really. Everything else I can only do with my right.
4. I am almost 31 and I still can't resist the lure of the Barbie doll. Toy aisles are dangerous. I seem to somehow acquire several of them every year. I don't play with them, just take them out of the boxes and arrange them in groups.
5. I don't care for things animated. I think because we didn't really watch cartoons as children. I don't own a single Disney movie. In fact many of the biggies I've only seen en francais (like La Belle et La Bete).
6. When I go hiking I like to get dirty and scraped up (not intentionally though!). It makes me feel like I've accomplished something. One time in college when I was on a 14 mile hike I plunged into mud higher than my boot tops and then a little while later I slipped on a rock and my bottom went down into a stream. Wet and muddy, I continued with no complaints, thus earning many kudos from my gorgeous hiking companion.
So these might not be that weird, but well, I'm just not the weirdest person you'll ever meet.