Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bullets of Random Things

  • I need to get at least one of those door snakes, although I would prefer one that did not actually have a forked tongue. There is an excessive amount of cold air coming under the basement door. I use a gigantic couch pillow against the back door, but I think a snake would work for the basement. I found several on Etsy, but they are all stuffed with rice or beans. I'd rather not provide mice feed though. This is another one of those times that owning a sewing machine (and knowing how to use it) would come in handy.
  • I'm holding off on taking the trash out to the curb because I'm hoping to catch sight of the lunar eclipse. I'd like to minimize the amount of time spent exposed to the 19 degree temperatures, but I'd like to see the eclipse. I'm expecting cloud cover though, as the lake effect machine is supposed to be drifting my way.
  • I made yellow pancakes for dinner. Do I get nutritional credit for the eggs and milk or are they negated by all the butter?
  • I received my first reward from MyPoints the other day, but because I've been sick I haven't spent it yet. I picked a $25 giftcard from Macy's because I need a new bra. I figure under things are an exception when it comes to avoiding consumerism. And getting $25 free is no small thing. Sure all that clicking can be annoying, but now that I see it's real it's much less so. If anyone wants a referral let me know. (Smellyann, great minds must think alike.)

5 comments:

Smellyann said...

Waaaah about the eclipse. Enjoy it for me while I pout.

Yay for MyPoints! Ever since Panera signed up with them, that's the reward I always get.

You definitely get the nutrition credits. And butter's not all bad.

DancingFish said...

We just use a towel by our door instead of one of those snake things. Also having cloud cover tonight....boo...

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

A towel sounds like a good stopgap, or one of those old woven rugs everyone used to have.

You can buy little plastic beads to stuff things with that aren't edible to the mice. Or dogs or cats.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

It's past 12:30 so I am going to have to come back tomorrow. And read anything missed. AK>

Piano Boy has a lesson in the AM--I was away all day today.

Coffeypot said...

We usually get an old t-shirt and stuff it under the door. Cat tails work, too. Just ask our cats, Bob, Nub and Stump.